I am looking at traveling light with my photography for some events coming up which means abandoning my canon, my lens, my flash and my heavy rucksack and traveling light with just the G7 in my pocket … so on a recent weekend away that is all I used.
I took 120 photos over the weekend – 25 I was happy with – and I discovered a lot, and I know I need to practice some more:
- I like macro shots with it
- It works well in low light (inside the church)
- It has a really wide angle
- I cant zoom in and get close enough to my subjects at time – and does not compress the landscape enough, but I can crop
- I love the ability to shoot so much lower than normal
- My focusing – with the auto screen is off… I am using al servo, but begining to think one shot might be better
There is certainly a different between this and my DSLR, but it is small, descrete, fits in my coat pocket and I think the more I use it and learn its limitations – like any lens offers, the more I will work out what shots it is suitable for.